By Glenn, Andrea L.; Raine, Adrian
Read or Download Psychopathy : an introduction to biological findings and their implications PDF
Best criminology books
The behavior of Legality presents a huge survey of yank felony justice in a time of problems. It asks the vital questions: In what measure are the justice system's features guided via ascertainable criminal norms? How in charge are public officers who wield the rigorous sanctions of the penal legislation?
There's a huge physique of study that offers suggestions for these operating with offenders on how they need to be taken care of after they are within the correctional procedure. the matter is that the majority, if now not all this examine has been carried out on all male populations and it truly is assumed that ladies offenders are an analogous.
Restoring Justice: An advent to Restorative Justice bargains a transparent and convincing clarification of restorative justice, a move inside felony justice with turning out to be around the globe impact. It explores the wide attraction of this new imaginative and prescient and gives a quick heritage of its improvement. The publication offers a theoretical starting place for the foundations and values of restorative justice and develops its 4 cornerpost principles of come across, amends, inclusion and reintegration.
This textbook offers a carefully-planned advent to the main concerns and debates inside family members legislations from a few of the top gurus inside their box. content material: creation 1. Marriage and divorce: the law of intimacy, Stuart Bridge 2. department of estate upon courting breakdown, Louise Tee three.
- Women at the Wall: A Study of Prisoners’ Wives Doing Time on the Outside
- Criminality and Violence among the Mentally Disordered: The Stockholm Metropolitan Project
- Crime and Modernity: Continuities in Left Realist Criminology
- Razor Wire Women: Prisoners, Activists, Scholars, and Artists
- Female Sexual Predators: Understanding Them to Protect Our Children and Youths (Forensic Psychology)
- Kings of Cocaine. Inside the Medellín Cartel – An Astonishing True Story of Murder, Money and...
Additional resources for Psychopathy : an introduction to biological findings and their implications
2007) (2003) challenge) Neuropsychology Attention to negative Reduced stimuli in the periphery Glass and Newman (2009) Newman et al. (2010) Osinsky et al. (2008) Fox, Ridgewell, and Ashwin (2009) Passive avoidance learning Poor Risk taking (Balloon Increased risk taking Newman and Kosson (1986) Poor Finger et al. (2007) Blair et al. (2004) Analog Risk Task) Decisions based on reward and punishment Hunt, Hopko, and Bare Increased risk taking Crisan et al. (2009) Poor Roiser et al. (2006) (2005) Poor Blair et al.
Behavioral Genetics Methodology Behavioral genetics studies usually involve twin or adoption studies. Since there are currently no adoption studies of psychopathy, we focus on the twin methodology. Twin studies typically compare samples of monozygotic (MZ) or “identical” twins, who share 100 percent of their genes, to dizygotic (DZ) “fraternal” twins, who share approximately 50 percent of their genes. It should be noted that when we say 50 percent, we are actually referring to only the genes that can vary across individuals; all humans share about 99 percent of their genes, but the remaining 1 percent varies, and it is this portion that is of interest in genetics studies.
1993) 58 male inmates with substance PCL-R No association with total psychopathy scores PCL-R A+ genotype associated with Factor 1, but not abuse Hoenicka et al. (2007) 137 alcohol dependent males total scores Ponce et al. (2008) 176 alcohol dependent males; PCL-R 150 controls C957T (DRD2) Ponce et al. (2008) 176 alcohol dependent males; total scores PCL-R 150 controls SLC6A3 (dopamine A+ genotype associated with Factor 1, but not CC genotype associated with total, Factor 1, and Factor 2 scores Hoenicka et al.
Psychopathy : an introduction to biological findings and their implications by Glenn, Andrea L.; Raine, Adrian