By Toshikazu Samura, Yutaka Sakai, Hatsuo Hayashi (auth.), Minho Lee, Akira Hirose, Zeng-Guang Hou, Rhee Man Kil (eds.)
The 3 quantity set LNCS 8226, LNCS 8227, and LNCS 8228 constitutes the court cases of the 20 th foreign convention on Neural info Processing, ICONIP 2013, held in Daegu, Korea, in November 2013. The a hundred and eighty complete and seventy five poster papers offered including four prolonged abstracts have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from various submissions. those papers disguise all significant themes of theoretical study, empirical learn and functions of neural details processing examine. the explicit issues lined are as follows: cognitive technology and synthetic intelligence; studying idea, algorithms and architectures; computational neuroscience and mind imaging; imaginative and prescient, speech and sign processing; regulate, robotics and applied sciences and novel methods and applications.
Read or Download Neural Information Processing: 20th International Conference, ICONIP 2013, Daegu, Korea, November 3-7, 2013. Proceedings, Part III PDF
Similar international books
This e-book constitutes the refereed complaints of the thirteenth foreign convention on facts Warehousing and information Discovery, DaWak 2011 held in Toulouse, France in August/September 2011. The 37 revised complete papers offered have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 119 submissions. The papers are equipped in topical sections on actual and conceptual info warehouse versions, info warehousing layout methodologies and instruments, info warehouse functionality and optimization, trend mining, matrix-based mining concepts and move, sensor and time-series mining.
This e-book constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the eleventh foreign convention on Cryptology in India, INDOCRYPT 2010, held in Hyderabad, India, in December 2010. The 22 revised complete papers have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from seventy two submissions. The papers are equipped in topical sections on protection of RSA and multivariate schemes; safety research, pseudorandom diversifications and purposes; hash capabilities; assaults on block ciphers and flow ciphers; speedy cryptographic computation; cryptanalysis of AES; and effective implementation.
This booklet represents quantity II of the court cases of the UN/ESA/NASA Workshop at the foreign Heliophysical yr 2007 and uncomplicated area technology, hosted by means of the nationwide Astronomical Observatory of Japan, Tokyo, 18 - 22 June, 2007. It covers programme themes explored during this and previous workshops of this nature: (i) non-extensive statistical mechanics as appropriate to astrophysics, addressing q-distribution, fractional response and diffusion, and the response coefficient, in addition to the Mittag-Leffler functionality and (ii) the TRIPOD idea, built for astronomical telescope amenities.
At the get together of its twenty-fifth anniversary, in 1985, the Netherlands Society for Grassland and Fodder vegetation (NVWV) agreed to prepare a world Symposium on a subject matter with regards to in depth grass and fodder creation platforms. The subject chosen used to be "Animal manure on grassland and fodder plants: Fertilizer or waste?
- The Use of Ferrites At Microwave Frequencies
- Proceedings of the International Symposium On: Advanced Structural Materials. Proceedings of the Metallurgical Society of the Canadian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
- Social Informatics: Second International Conference, SocInfo 2010, Laxenburg, Austria, October 27-29, 2010. Proceedings
- Neuropsychopharmacology. Proceedings of the 7th International Congress of Pharmacology, Paris, 1978
- Interactive Multimedia on Next Generation Networks: First International Workshop on Multimedia Interactive Protocols and Systems, MIPS 2003, Naples, Italy, November 18-21, 2003. Proceedings
- Optimal Algorithms: International Symposium Varna, Bulgaria, May 29–June 2, 1989 Proceedings
Extra resources for Neural Information Processing: 20th International Conference, ICONIP 2013, Daegu, Korea, November 3-7, 2013. Proceedings, Part III
Example of the shape of function Z(φi ) a deﬁnite width Δt, during which φi is updated according to the value of Z(φi ). As a speciﬁc case, if it is assumed that Z(φi ) = − sin(φi ), the dynamics of the pulse-coupled oscillators are schematically illustrated in Fig. 1. In order to simplify the function shape of Z(φi ) for hardware implementation, we have used three-value functions as Z(φi ); a typical function shape is shown in Fig. 2, which is expanded in the time domain and has values: −1, 0, 1 .
These characteristics are also known as laws or principles of Gestalt. Several brain studies have confirmed the application of Gestalt principles. For instance, Wannig et al. (2011), recorded neuronal activity in area V1 of macaque monkeys and observed an automatic spread of attention to image elements outside of the attentional focus when they were bound to an attended stimulus by Gestalt criteria . This result shows neurological correlates of operating Gestalt principles. Fig. 2 shows some images that are grouped differently using various principles of Gestalt.
2. Examples of Gestalt principles: (a) Similarity, (b) Proximity, (c) Common fate (d) Connectedness, (e) Good continuation, (f) Common region 3 Proposed Model Roelfsema et al.  conjectured that Gestalt grouping is implemented by connecting neurons tuned to image features that are likely to belong to the same perceptual object. Koostra and Kragic used Markov random field and graph-cut techniques for 44 H. Jo, A. Ojha, and M. Lee segmenting the object from the background. They tried to quantify seven Gestalt principles to improve the accuracy of segmentation model.
Neural Information Processing: 20th International Conference, ICONIP 2013, Daegu, Korea, November 3-7, 2013. Proceedings, Part III by Toshikazu Samura, Yutaka Sakai, Hatsuo Hayashi (auth.), Minho Lee, Akira Hirose, Zeng-Guang Hou, Rhee Man Kil (eds.)