By van der Wouden
Read or Download Negative Contexts (Routledge Studies in Germanic Linguistics, 1) PDF
Best education books
Учебное пособие для подготовки к экзамену CFA point 2 (2009 год).
Содержит только самое необходимое - ключевые концепции и принципы, изложенные простым и понятным языком. Очень полезно для повторения материала ввиду большого его объема: при чтении, скажем, fastened source of revenue booklet, содержание quantitative equipment уже помнится с трудом.
Доп. информация: Язык: Английский
Young ones from six to 12 are brought to the main often obvious and engaging Texas birds. young ones can colour attention-grabbing line drawings of varied birds in regular habitats, whereas an easy-to-read textual content offers vital evidence in regards to the birds, and a number of other enjoyable video games are instructive and tough.
Up to now few many years, industrialised international locations have witnessed a revolutionary main issue of the regulatory framework maintaining the binary version of the employment courting according to the subordinate employment/autonomous self-employment dichotomy. New unusual and hybrid operating preparations have emerged; tough the conventional notions of, and divisions among, autonomy and subordination.
This paintings compares and contrasts strands of bilingualism in China, one for minority nationality teams, the opposite for majority. It examines the historical past, coverage, philosophy, politics, provision and perform in bilingual, trilingual or multilingual schooling concerning Mandarin chinese language, English, and minority languages.
- Augustine and Manichaeism in the Latin West: Proceedings of the Fribourg-Utrecht Symposium of the International Association of Manichaean Studies (IAMS) (Nag Hammadi and Manichaean Studies)
- Hybrid Intelligent Systems
- Rethinking Gender and Youth Sport (International Studies in Physical Education and Youth Sport)
- Ironie Komik Skepsis: Studien zum Werk Adalbert Stifters (Hermaea, 119)
Extra info for Negative Contexts (Routledge Studies in Germanic Linguistics, 1)
The traditional conception of collocation is restricted to idiosyncratic relationships between words. It is clear that this covers too small a part of the widespread and mostly unexploited collocational landscape. 25 Cf. also note 72 of Part II on the highly restricted Dutch NPI slag of stoot ‘hit or blow’, which shows up only in negative contexts created by zonder ‘without’. Chapter 4 The nature of collocational restrictions How should collocational relations be represented in the grammar? Different approaches to language offer different answers to this question.
44) a. b. c. d. Red hair Red grapefruit Red cabbage Red army In each of these cases, red has a different meaning. The modified nouns, however, keep the same meaning if the modifier is varied: (45) a. b. c. d. 31 However, as the contribution of red is different in each of the examples in (44), they are potential counterexamples for the principle of compositionality, also known as the Fregean principle: (46) Principle of compositionality The meaning of an expression is a function of the meanings of its parts and of the way in which they are syntactically combined.
Then what do NPIs collocate with? With negation. The puzzle is how to characterize that ‘field’. g. not) or a general class, the features of which will be discussed extensively in Part II. 8 CONCLUDING REMARKS: WHAT ARE COLLOCATIONAL RESTRICTIONS? In this section, I have discussed various reductionist approaches to collocation: efforts to explain collocational relationships in terms of syntax, semantics, statistics etc. Some of these approaches are successful with certain types of collocations, but no theory covers all collocations.
Negative Contexts (Routledge Studies in Germanic Linguistics, 1) by van der Wouden