By Ira C. Colby, Catherine N. Dulmus, Karen M. Sowers
A accomplished assessment of household and international social welfare policy
Written by means of a crew of popular social coverage specialists sharing their targeted views on international and U.S. social welfare coverage concerns, Social paintings and Social Policy is helping social employees think of key matters that face policymakers, elected officers, and supplier directors with a purpose to boost guidelines which are either reasonable and just.
Designed as a foundational social welfare coverage textual content, this significant e-book meets the Council on Social paintings Education's (CSWE) academic coverage and Accreditation criteria (EPAS).
Encouraging readers' severe pondering on a variety of matters, each one bankruptcy starts off with an overarching query and "what if" eventualities, and ends with a suite of instructed key phrases, on-line assets, and dialogue questions.
Recognizing that coverage paintings calls for practitioners to be as totally versed as attainable with the problem to hand, Social paintings and Social Policy completely explores:
- Social welfare coverage as a kind of social justice
- The evolution of the yank welfare state
- Human safeguard and the welfare of societies
- Social coverage from an international perspective
- Challenges for social rules in Asia
- Welfare reform and the necessity for social empathy
- The U.S. Patriot Act and its implications for the social paintings profession
- Human rights and rising social media
Compelling and vast in scope, Social paintings and Social Policy is an crucial textual content for college kids and a necessary source for practitioners curious about growing social coverage and governmental motion guided by means of justice for all.