By Johanna Maria Ticar
The grasp thesis of Johanna Maria Ticar unearths high-resolution insights into the myocardial microstructure and illustrates that cardiac muscle fibers are directly, working in parallel with one most well liked fiber course, notwithstanding, deposits corresponding to fats appear to compromise the general and compact constitution. moment harmonic iteration imaging mixed with optical tissue clearing is a correct technique for selecting the three-d muscle fiber and sheet orientations and therefore, permits the calculation of fiber rotation through the ventricle wall.
Read Online or Download 3D Analysis of the Myocardial Microstructure: Determination of Fiber and Sheet Orientations PDF
Best analysis books
For a very long time, traditional reliability analyses were orientated in the direction of settling on the extra trustworthy procedure and preoccupied with maximising the reliability of engineering structures. at the foundation of counterexamples in spite of the fact that, we exhibit that deciding on the extra trustworthy approach doesn't inevitably suggest settling on the process with the smaller losses from mess ups!
This quantity is a set of articles offered on the Workshop for Nonlinear research held in João Pessoa, Brazil, in September 2012. The impression of Bernhard Ruf, to whom this quantity is devoted at the party of his sixtieth birthday, is perceptible during the assortment by means of the alternative of subject matters and methods.
- Real infinite series
- Analysis and Design of Descriptor Linear Systems
- The Richness of Contract Law: An Analysis and Critique of Contemporary Theories of Contract Law
- Real variables, Lebesque measure with applications to Fourier series
- Electrochemical Detection in HPLC: Analysis of Drugs and Poisons (RSC Chromatography Monographs)
Additional info for 3D Analysis of the Myocardial Microstructure: Determination of Fiber and Sheet Orientations
Com) The images were taken with support of Heimo Wolinski, PhD at the Yeast Genetics and Molecular Biology Group, University of Graz, Austria. A representative 2-D image obtained via SHG can be seen in Fig. 9. 9: Example of a second harmonic generation image of heart muscle ﬁbers with dimensions 620×620 μm. , Berlin, Germany). Amira is a 3-D visualization and analysis software by the FEI visualization Sciences group for biomedical data obtained from microscopy (amongst other sources). The data was imported from either a lif-ﬁle or multiple tiff-ﬁles obtained by SHG imaging.
In case of isotropic ﬁber distributions κ is 1/3 (b=0) (Schrieﬂ et al. , 2012). 1 Diffusion tensor imaging The feasibility study performed on a small part of a porcine heart wall led to the following results. 1 depicts the ﬁbers of the porcine heart sample in a variety of views, namely coronal (a), only the coronal plane is visible (b), sagittal (c), and axial (d) plane. 1, MA Institute of Technology, USA). 1: Visualization of a porcine heart sample following DTI, depicted in (a) coronal plane, (b) only the coronal plane is visible, (c) sagittal plane, and (d) axial plane.
2) where F (u, v) is the Fourier transform of the function f at point (u, v) and F ∗ (u, v) is its complex conjugate. To extract the ﬁber orientations, discriminated by spatial frequency and orientation, wedge-shaped orientation ﬁlters were applied. Hence, a discrete distribution of relative amplitudes I(Φ) (in %) as a function of the respective ﬁber angle Φ was obtained by summing up every P (u, v) within individual 1◦ wedges. Due to the shift caused by the FFT, the angular distribution had to be shifted back by 90◦ .
3D Analysis of the Myocardial Microstructure: Determination of Fiber and Sheet Orientations by Johanna Maria Ticar